Wednesday, April 7, 2010

I cannot wait for the farmer's market to begin. I have plans this summer to actually eat things that don't come out of the box or can; or totally rely on HOW to sustain my being. I have only been to a farmer's market a couple of times in my life, but I'm excited to take a nice early morning walk with my little tote bag over my shoulder, perhaps letting my SLR tagalong just in case.

But until I can enjoy my fresh peas, radishes, corn, and cilantro; I will sit here eating my breakfast of on-sale Easter M & M's and watch this movie called "The Open Road" with Jeff Bridges and the one and only Justin Timberlake. A dysfunctional father-son story; JT has to find his father who left his family and bring him back home on the wishes of his mother and they go on this soul-searching, bonding, road trip...or something like that. Not important.

As a long time lover of JT, I am simply astounded by how young he looks in movies/television as opposed to his musical side. This movie started filming in 2008, AFTER his album FutureSex/LoveSounds.

2008











2006



















Really? What happened here? It's like Justin has some Disney complex and must maintain his squeaky clean look on tv. Aw well, I'll take him on my ipod over dvd any day....as well as those pictures [circa 2006].

That's it for today folks. I think I'm gonna go whip something up a little more sufficient than a handful of candy. I'm still on my goat cheese kick, so I may make something with that. Enjoy the beautiful day while rocking out to JT!

edit: I really wish I had a [digital] camera. I am currently eating scrambled eggs with bacon, mixed greens, tomatoes, and the ingredient of the week, goat cheese.

3 comments:

  1. SO excited for farmers markets, ohemgee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. FARMERS MARKET!!!! here is a link to a free donut and coffee coupon for st. paul's grand opening only a few weeks away. pea sprout and radish salad anyone?
    http://clicknprintsavings.com/coupon_view_all.cfm?ccoupon=img20100330014518.gif&bus_id=2805

    ReplyDelete
  3. you should write again now that the market's in full-swing. Derrrr.

    ReplyDelete